Posted by IOV World
on Jul 18th, 2012 in Publications
| 8 comments
This brochure presents responses to the following frequently asked questions:
- What is intangible cultural heritage?
- ‘Protecting’ or ‘safeguarding’?
- Why should we safeguard it?
- Why UNESCO?
- Why a Convention?
- How does the Convention work?
- How can intangible cultural heritage be internationally recognized under the Convention?
- Can religions or languages be recognized under the Convention?
- What can States do for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage?
- Can I receive funding for the safeguarding my intangible cultural heritage?
- Are intellectual property rights dealt with by the Convention?